The role encompasses the management of tax engagements and related projects while exhibiting excellent communication with clients, supervising the performance of tax associates and generating practice expansion opportunities with clients and prospects.
• Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of the client’s business to proactively and effectively identify clients’ needs.
• Is technically sound in all authoritative tax rules and regulations applicable to the clients serviced; demonstrates proactive tax planning and compliance expertise to clients.
• Supports the business development and growth initiatives of the practice.
• Reviews complex tax accruals and tax returns prepared by staff, including Federal and multi-state returns for corporations, S corps., partnerships, individuals, trusts, estates and non-profit entities.
• Is responsible for retaining talented people through strong leadership and coaching/ mentoring relationships.
• Provides on-the-job training; assists with the development of technical training programs and acts as an instructor in these programs.
• Is a dedicated team leader with advanced written and oral communication skills.
• Consistently demonstrates integrity within the professional environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• BS Degree and NYS CPA accreditation
• Strong business acumen
• Strong technical knowledge and expertise.
• Strong selling skills – generating leads, making contacts and securing clients
• Strong project management and leadership skills including the ability to successfully coach and mentor talented people.
• A thorough understanding of firm products and services in the practice area, with a working knowledge of firm products and services in other practice areas.
• A thorough understanding of market trends including opportunities, local business initiatives and stakeholder/competitor interests.
• Business management – able to manage for short and long term profitability.
Lougen, Valenti, Bookbinder & Weintraub, LLP is a full service certified public accounting firm located in Amherst, NY specializing in accounting, tax and consulting services to privately-owned businesses.
As a member of BDO Seidman’s Alliance Network, we have the unique ability to provide clients with the resources of a major national firm as well as the personal attention of a local independent. Our mission is to help our clients succeed by gaining an in-depth knowledge of their businesses through the personal involvement of the partners. We provide a proactive team-based approach to serving our clients ensuring they receive the best possible service.
To apply for this job email your details to MGraner@lvbwcpa.com